Discord

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Welcome to this guide about our chat/speak client. Type /discord in the server to get a link.

Rules
All rules on forum/server apply here. If it is abused you may be kicked or banned. Also,

your name on discord has to reflect your name on the server. This means that it can either be your full Minecraft Username or your Nickname on the server.

Here are some basic things you need to know...
@everyone - Notifies everyone in the chat
  • Note: If this is abused it will be removed
@[PlayerName] - This will directly notify the recipient

The Ranks
  1. @everyone
    • Must use push to talk.
  2. Respected
    • Has the option to push to talk or voice activity
  3. Staff
    • This rank has perms to be able to moderate the server. They can ban/mute/edit messages
  4. Admin
    • Admins have all the perms to manage the server

Now into how it functions!

In the Upper Left hand corner, there is your personal icon. That also, when you click it, will open up your personal messages.

On the Left Standing navigation bar, is the channels. Here you can click on any one of them (permitting that you can access it) and it will move you to that chat or move to a different voice channel.

Now, moving to the Right Standing navigation bar. Over here it states the online players and their status. It also displays all of the offline players. Clicking on the player will pop up a menu where you can then start a new message.

This is what it looks like when you are connected to the voice. The green ring around your image is signaling that the people in the channel can hear you. Also, to the right of where is says Voice Connected is the disconnect button.

In the Lower Left-ish corner, we have your player settings. Here you can (in order) Mute your microphone, Deafen your headset/earbuds, and then Personal Settings.

Personal Settings

In the image above, you can customize the notifications. Also, you can enable and disable sounds.

Now for the image above! It is highly reccomended that you add a keybind for push-to-talk. For regular players, if you do not set up a keybind for push-to-talk, no one will be able to hear you!

Th3D0ctor

May 6, 2015
Does anyone use Discord while playing on Runic? [?] I signed up and I was on it for a while yesterday but no one came on. Anyway, I'm on it now, so look for me. :)

KasperJax

Staff member
Mar 30, 2015
www.twitter.com
WEBSITE
http://www.twitter.com/KasperJax
Discord kinda fizzled. Most of us skype (at least most staff and a few players)

Apr 30, 2016
kktwojingle.deviantart.com
TWITTER
kktwojingle
WEBSITE
https://kktwojingle.deviantart.com/
YOUTUBE
kktwojingle
I Have Discord, if yah wanna talk or friend me, here's my discord name kktwojingle#7622 [49]

CrocodileHax

The Reptilian Elder Moderator of Doom
Staff member
Aug 23, 2015
Freemason headquarters
www.Joshlol-is-love-Joshlol-is-life.com
WEBSITE
http://www.Joshlol-is-love-Joshlol-is-life.com/
KasperJax said:
Discord kinda fizzled. Most of us skype (at least most staff and a few players)

Discord isn't completely dead, there's often a few people on.. So odds are someone will be there if you're new to it and want to give it a go :^)

HiggiMC

Staff member
Dec 22, 2015
Recently I have started getting on it daily. So I check it 1-4 times a day :)

Jul 5, 2015
South Mississippi
How do we reconnect if we accidentally leave the server thinking that is how you log off. (Maybe this is something I did being silly, or someone else). It says that the instant invite is invalid or has expired when I try to reconnect. HELP!!!

CrocodileHax

The Reptilian Elder Moderator of Doom
Staff member
Aug 23, 2015
Freemason headquarters
www.Joshlol-is-love-Joshlol-is-life.com
WEBSITE
http://www.Joshlol-is-love-Joshlol-is-life.com/
You could just do /discord again, but I sent you an invite to the server. You should be able to get back by clicking it in your private messages.

Al3xtr3m3

Staff member
Feb 16, 2016
I use Discord from time to time on my phone, my batt dies really fast tho =\

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
😀😬😁😂😃😄😅😇😉😊🙂🙃☺😋😌😍