[RunicRadio] /radio

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
We have a dubtrack account for Runic Paradise! To get there just type /radio and follow the link.
DO
  1. Have fun! That’s what you’re here for...
  2. Report any occurrences or disruptions that violate your right to enjoy your time on /radio

DO NOT
  1. Use any language towards another member that could be considered insulting, disrespectful, harassive, hateful, abusive, demeaning, or vulgar.
  2. Advertise, promote, or market any product or service, or recruit members for any purpose, unrelated to Runic Paradise.
  3. If someone downvotes ( Meh! ) Don’t complain.
    • We all have different tastes for music. If you have problems with the music that is there (ie. you just don’t like it) leave and come back later.
  4. Do not go afk with a playlist. Stop your playlist if you are going to be afk.
  5. Do not Play Songs that are over 10 minutes long.
***Violation of any of the DO NOT's will result in disciplinary action, which may include a permanent ban.***

Th3D0ctor

May 6, 2015
Is anyone using this? I don't see anyone on here. Anyway, I signed up. Looks pretty cool. :)

Hans

Nov 4, 2013
I would like to use it, but nobody else ever wants to listen to music while I'm on....

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Does this not work anymore or are you saying RIP because no one uses it?

ChefCoast

Administrator
Runic Admin
Nov 16, 2014
TWITTER
ChefCoast
Plug.DJ shut down because they did not have enough funding.

johnnywaffles123

Preacher of Insanity
Jun 13, 2015
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hi everyone, we have a replacement now!

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/runic-paradise-minecraft-server

We just got out of testing this and everything seems to run great on it!
It works just like Plug.Dj did, you can set up your own playlists, and add songs to the queue freely. After your song is added to the queue, it is then put in the room queue, which is a fancy way of saying what's gonna play and when it's gonna play. Everyone has a spot in the room queue and the top song on your personal queue plays when it's your turn :D

If you hang around on it enough, there's actually ranks (DJ, Resident DJ, VIP, and Mod are the ones I think I'll give out to players)
Just like on the server, what is abused in terms of powers can be taken away very easily <3

If you have questions on what those ranks can actually do on dubtrack. . .

DJ - Given to people who pop in often, doesn't actually get any additional perks, just a cool title :D

Resident DJ - Can join a locked room queue, fancy way of saying only trusted players can play songs (which we'll probably never turn on unless something crazy happens) A basic upgrade from DJ, pretty much.

VIP - Has the ability to skip songs, which should only be performed if the song violates any of the rules. I also personally believe that if 75% of the current lobby downvotes the song playing, that if *can* be skipped. (Nothing below a 75% though, because 75% is more fair than any of the other percents. If you abuse this perk you will have your powers stripped away pretty fast)

Mod - This one has a lot of perks and will only be given to high ranking players on the server, and players I personally trust. It can skip songs (see VIP for info), Move songs in room queue, Kick people from the room, Temporarily ban people from the room (1 hour max), Mute players in the room (1 hour max), Add/Remove DJ's from the room queue, and Lock/Unlock the queue. With the Tempbans/Mutes, use your best judgement. If you're in this role I trust you to make a good call on these things :^

All the other ranks on dubtrack will go to staff members, for they have the ability to mess the room up a lot.
The final 3 ranks are Manager, Co-Owner, and Owner. If someone has this rank, it means they are a staff member on Runic Paradise. I know a few of the staff have already joined, and have different names then their server names. So if they have one of these fancy titles, you'll know they're staff :)

Anyway, hop on and jam with everyone. Share your tunes, and experience other players' music choices. [music]

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
/radio now gives the new link. [music]

Th3D0ctor

May 6, 2015
Awesome. I was sad to see plug.dj go, but now that I'm back online and we have a new hang out, I'll see you all on. :)