My Island plan

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013
I thought id share my plan process with my island im building.

so before i go on aboput the sections check out the image.

So far ive been flattening sections of land and walling of each level, filling in rivers. I feel so far, i have 60% finished.

The castle district

firstly built to disguise the natural 9 floor mob trap i have, it will be the tallest building and greatest feature of the island. im still yet to decide my style but have drawn up a rough idea. the river flowing from the castle district to the farm district is still to be filled in.

The Farm District

probaly the next thing i shall be working on to stop buying food from the cake shop. im looking into creating cow sheds and chicken huts sheep fields ect. ill probably be building a windmill and silos within the area to give that greater look.

The villager city

This will be one of the main features of this island, castle walls will be surrounding the districts to keep golems within there zones. But this are will be the city housing for testifactes with high quality medieval housing. keeping the island looking alive.

The Boat Yard

The boat yard is where is gonna be attached to the docks, and will be where cranes and blocks will be held, including a ship that is being half built. giving a live feel the docks.

The Docks

This is where i will be building another one of my large ships plus smaller ones. heres one i did on a server i still run.

The plan is to create a portal on the large boat like an entrance to my island. the nether will have a track leading to the nearest teleport on the snowy island.

The player Housing

These will built by myself i think. just so i can keep the same feel around, but will be available to players to use and edit on the inside.

The Mine

Again being near the docks and yard. a crane hoisting out ore from the deepmine. the plan is to have a minecart system going round and deep underground like a rollercoaster ride with alot of redstone action going on. should be fun to make.

ill be adding more to this later

Emikay

Dec 22, 2013
Looks like an awesome and huge project! Can't wait to see it develop! Will this all be in medieval style? Will the player housing be open for other builders or are you wanting to build it up yourself?

Attachments

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013
i shall indeed, as a progress step its taken alot of work and digging and placing new dirt, but the island is ready for building.
after extensive work, i will be now designing the walls and creating the paths ito give me a better layout and finishing the castle district.

heres a photo to show you the change.

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013

completed island landscape

now to finish walls and castles and gating off the sections

started a wall design section

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013
abit more done too walls hidden glowstone and a tree feature

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
looking good :)

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013
Gate house!

this is proably the first completed building on my island lol. its only means is to control villagers movement and access to the walls or city. and look good...

there is 3 areas in which i need to make a gate design in order to control villagers and iron golems leaving the area but still be passable by players without the use of a door. under each gate needs to be a 4 deep hole into which the top layer will have string placed allowing carpet to placed on top. this allows players to freely walk on over. but stoping any mobs from so, as they believe the deep hole that they do not wanna fall down into is still there. the reason for this is to stop villagers from moving into other building around the island and keeping them to there own area

heres a map of the area

Flyingdark

Dec 23, 2013
This looks great man! keep up the good work, i cant wait to see it all the way done!

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013
started two more things!

The clock tower also the 3rd gate as shown on the above map

and detailing the castle
`

heres a 3d island view

Gutrug

Dec 30, 2013
Here is my newly developed cathedral for the island villager sector

Rune

Administrator