[GUIDE] Building- Tips and tricks!

Glitch

Aug 30, 2015
Want to learn how to improve your style? You've come to the right place.

1) The importance of planning.
I know it's tempting to just start building straight away believe me, but planning in an essential part to every build. First, you start by planning the ground floor (I recommend using a different block for this). Say for example, you wanted it to be nine wide and seven across, then you would place nine of your chosen block for length, and seven for width. Then, you plan upwards. For the sake of this guide, let's just say you wanted it six high. You would build six high up from the corners.

For the sake of the guide, let's say this is a Victorian house and you wanted the roof to come out a bit.

Then, just fill it in with whatever blocks you want, but bear in mind the style of the house you want. For Victorian, it'd be best to use cobble and wool. Don't forget to add depth!

2) Different styles:
There are many different styles in building. One of my most knowledgeable ones is Ruins.
If you want to do a house in the style of ruins, your best friends are going ti be vegetation and stone bricks. Houses that have been left in say, the jungle, for too lokg will of course become overrun by things like vines and grass. I suggest using cracked, mossy and normal stone bricks to achieve this look.

WorldEdit is highly recommended!
For more information, look up the YouTuber Bdouble0100.

Jul 31, 2015
This is like one of those damn origami tutorials that just can't walk you through the whole process. Thank you regardless, this is some good advice.

Glitch

Aug 30, 2015
Maximillienne said:
This is like one of those damn origami tutorials that just can't walk you through the whole process. Thank you regardless, this is some good advice.
I don't like doing walkthroughs, it takes away from the players' originality. But thanks.