The Runic Carnival

mikuneko

Administrator
Runic Admin
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
So some of you may know that i've taken it upon myself to make a minigame hub for the server. i've got the works for the island already going over in runic sky which is the spawn area.

i think it's coming along but i don't know if i like how the outer walls are coming along. i feel they need more. so far this is how it looks.

Any opinion and suggestions are welcome.

but onto the main point, the server needs more things to do. and minigames are a great way to have fun with your friends. so i want you guys to give me ideas for something and i'll do my best to make them happen. so go ahead, suggest whatever you want.

Here are a few things i have planned to make:

=Prize Cabin=
-Prize zone
=Battle Tower=
-New mob arenas
-New PVP arena(with ranking system)

=Game Corner=
-Carnival Games(like ring toss and such)
-Redstone minigames(also up for suggestions)
-Board games(possibly. up for debate)

=Adventure Kiosk=
-Adventure zones(like adventure maps and puzzle maps but in runic paradise :D)
-Roller Coaster zone

=Creativity Kiosk=
-Building competition zone
=Puzzle Kiosk=
-Jump puzzle gauntlet
-Maze gauntlet

As for the prizes you get for winning/playing said games, i want to do something different. instead of just giving you random valuable items, i want to make a ticket system. this way you can play games, collect tickets, and turn them in for an item of your choice, kinda like an arcade. but i need to work with rune on this because it will probably require a new plugin that we may have to develop. i'm not entirely sure. but i also want your opinions on that.

-The prize zone
Of course the prize zone will be where you can turn in your tickets for items. i might offer the option to buy tickets with runics and put some super special enchanted items in there that you can't naturally get. of course you'd have to work really hard for those. :3

-The Mob Arenas
i've seen alot of people in the past want more or new mob arenas so i figure i might as well have one released with the new minigame hub. but i really want to know what kind you guys want. and i'll make more in the future so it's not limited to just one or two. i'd love to have a whole lot of different ones so you don't get bored with them so fast.

-The PVP Arena
I have high hopes for this. we don't have a true pvp arena on the server yet. the most we have is The Hidden game which is fun but doesn't give people the chance to fairly duel it out against other players. So i'm planning to make a colosseum type arena. but i also want to implement some sort of ranking system. where people can battle it out to be the champion of the arena! and maybe the champion can come with a special job title or something. but it definitely needs a special reward. lemme know what you guys think.

-The Adventure zones
I always loved doing adventure maps with my friends but it was always a pain to get them on a server of my own to play with :/ so i was thinking we could make some of our own for the server but also import an entire adventure map into a multiverse world. and we could rotate it every month or something. take suggestions on new maps to import and what not. but this would be something major and possibly strain the server so we don't want to abuse it.

-The Building Competition Zone
I see alot of servers with creative worlds and plots and such for people to just build and although this is fun, it does take some of the fun out of playing survival. So i think i found a happy medium. i want to make an area that people can go into creative and build but it would be like a game, a contest to build something nice. You'd be given a topic to build(possibly at random but could make you choose from a list too) such as "build a log cabin" or "build a cafe" or something, so people aren't lost on what to build. this could also help new players improve their building skills. but it would need some working out. there would need to be some kind of judge system(possible just make this a moderator's job) and this would probably require adding another multiverse world which i'm trying really hard not to strain too much.

-The Board Games
I've seen alot of people make games like monopoly in minecraft and i think it would be fun if we could play these as a server sometimes. it would probably end up similar to the adventure zone. being in a multiverse world and being rotated every so often to a different game. but this is one of the more debatable features so please lemme know what you think about it.

-The Carnival Games
I've thought of various ideas of how to make things like ring toss, darts, skee ball, and other carnival games in minecraft so i figured it would be a fun smaller attraction to do.

-The Roller Coaster Zone
You can't have minigames without roller coasters in minecraft. so i thought it'd be fun to make a whole area with different roller coasters for people to ride. maybe we could even collect roller coasters that other people make and put them all together so everyone can find and enjoy them. we could even hold a competition for the best roller coaster on the server some day.

-The Redstone Minigames
I'm sure you guys have all seen them. all the really cool redstone machines people make on youtube and such. i might not be as good as some people with redstone but i wanna bring some of those amazing games to the server and with help from everyone else, we might even make our own someday. but anyways, gimme suggestions on which ones you guys want me to bring to the server and i'll do my best to make it happen.

-The Jump Puzzle Gauntlet
I've already got one jump puzzle made but i want to make a whole bunch and have them run right after eachother. so it's a gauntlet of jump puzzles. of course with checkpoints and after each puzzle you'll have the option to back out and get a certain amount of tickets based on how far you got. but i need suggestions for themes for the puzzles. i've already got an ice jump puzzles made so let's not make a duplicate XD

-The Maze Gauntlet
Pretty much just like the jump puzzle gauntlet but with mazes instead :D i like mazes...

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Wow! Its minigame madness! ;)

Rune

Administrator
Staff member
Runic Admin
Nov 1, 2013
Thought I'd post an "after" shot since the place looks so cool ! [music]

Attachments

Aug 6, 2014
I don't know if you want any help with the mob arenas, but I'm pretty good at theming,and can setup some based around something particular, like a zombie arena, or underwater, or anything you need.

ladybug129

Feb 14, 2015
south carolina, us
just an idea for the roller coasters. it would be cool to have different tracks weaving in and out of each other. this way you can wave at your friends :)